Your cart is empty.
Outdoor Recreation Experience
Go on a hosted Virtual Outdoor Recreation Experience with an NSCD Instructor. During this interactive experience, an NSCD Instructor will share a live video of a hiking, paddling, climbing, and so on in either the Front Range or mountains. During the video, the instructor hosting the Zoom Meeting will give the participants the opportunity to discuss different aspects of each Outdoor Recreation Experience and learn new skills, techniques, and fun interesting facts about the natural environment.The participants will also be able to test their skills of observation by participating in an interactive game of eye spy.
- May 18 - Learn about packing for camping, hiking, and backpacking. NSCD Staff will guide you through the essentials of getting out on your next adventure and give you tips on how to properly pack for a great experience! Materials needed: Participants are encouraged to showcase any items related to camping.
- May 25 - Nature show and tell. Participants are instructed to find an object outside and do some research to find out everything they can about it. They will then share what they find with others on the video chat. The objects can be living or inanimate. They just must be from nature. They are encouraged to use internet and books, family, or friends to research about the object. Materials needed: Any object from outside and access to internet or nature reference books.
- June 1 - Hike Around Winter Park Bingo. We will watch a hike while following along with the bingo sheet. Once you see something from the bingo sheet on the video draw your best impression to mark it off! Materials needed: A piece of paper, writing/drawing utensils, access to the NSCD Bingo sheet (this will also be on the screen).
- June 8 - Virtual Rock Climbing. No materials needed.
- June 15 - Trail etiquette. Watch footage of NSCD Instructors as they guide through beautiful trails and discuss how to hike, bike, and ride safely! Materials needed: Showcase the items you use to stay safe when outdoors. Bear repellent, high visibility clothes, PPE, flashlights, etc.
- June 22 - MTB Biking. No materials needed.